Contest Name: Win Gavin’s Guitar (the “Contest”)
Station(s): Iliad Media Group Group, 5660 Franklin Rd., Suite 200, Nampa, Idaho, 83687. KSRV (BOB FM), KZMG (MY 102.7), KQBL (101.9 The Bull), KKOO (101.5 Kool FM), KWYD (Wild 101.1), KQBL-HD3 (96.5 The Alternative), and KQBL-HD2 (99.1I-Rock).
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER TO WIN. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING. Open to legal US residents of Idaho, who are 18 years of age or older unless otherwise stated herein. Void outside Stations’ Designated Market Area (DMA) as defined by Nielsen and where prohibited. Do not enter this contest if you are not located in the United States at the time of entry.
Iliad Media Group (the “Company”) will conduct its contests substantially as described in these contesting rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
The Company may from time to time conduct contests concurrently and simultaneously on several participating radio stations owned by the Company, and the Company may add or remove participating stations or change call letters of any participating station at any time during a contest as announced on the affected station. Participating stations are listed above or for a list of participating stations, please visit the offices of this Station during normal business hours.
The Contest is administered by the Company and any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest must be directed to the contest administrator. Entrant(s) acknowledges and understands that any information provided will be used for administering the Contest and in accordance with Iliad Media Group privacy practices. The Contest sponsor(s), promotional partners and administrators is herein collectively referred to as the Contest Entities.
- Description of Contest/Participation
- Dates of Win Gavin’s Guitar: The contest is scheduled to begin at approximately 6:00am MDT on 11/16/2020 and ends at approximately 09:59am MDT on 12/04/2020 (the “Contest Period”) on KQBL-HD2 (99.1 I Rock). The contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- How To Enter – Listeners are tasked with listening to KQBL-HD2 weekdays at 6:05am, 7:05am, 8:05am, and 9:05am for a song by the band Bush to play. The first caller to get through at (208) 442-9910 when the song plays will be entered to win.
Maximum of one (1) prize awarded: In the event a winning entry is submitted by an eligible contestant, the corresponding contestant who submitted the winning entry will be eligible to claim the prize, subject to approval and verification of compliance with these official rules.
- The Win Gavin’s Guitar prize is one (1) Fender Stratocaster guitar and a virtual meet and greet with Gavin Rossdale. Meet and greet to take place at a convenient time for both Gavin Rossdale and the winner taking into consideration familial, personal and professional obligations.
All other costs and expenses related to prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. All income, federal, state and local taxes are prize winner’s sole responsibility. All prize awards are non-transferable and no prize substitution allowed, except at Administrator’s sole discretion as provided herein. Administrator reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. All prize winners must accept delivery of prize within 30 days, or as otherwise instructed by Station. Failure of the winner to take possession within such time will result in disqualification. Winner must provide a valid driver’s license, or other Idaho State Identification to claim prize. All taxes, upgrades and any other expenses not specifically identified in these Official Rules as included in a prize are the responsibility of each winner. Station reserves the right to substitute a prize, in whole or in part, of equal or greater monetary value if a prize cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, as described for any reason. The Company does not make, and is not responsible in any manner for, any warranties, representations, or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or law, relating to any prizes, regarding the use, value or enjoyment of the prize, including, without limitation, its quality, mechanical condition, merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose. All other costs related to prize delivery and acceptance is the responsibility of winner including but not limited to all federal, state and local taxes (including income taxes) of each Prize is the winner’s sole responsibility. Other restrictions may apply. All properly claimed prizes will be awarded. Any unclaimed prizes will not be awarded, except as provided herein.
Each prize winner will be required to complete and return a W-9 form (if prize value exceeds $600.00), affidavit of eligibility, and liability/publicity release, and present a valid driver’s license, or other Idaho State identification before prize will be awarded. Winners of prizes greater than $600.00 will be issued a 1099 form reflecting the value of the prize(s) and are responsible for paying all taxes on prize(s). Failure to collect or properly claim any prize in accordance with these rules will result in forfeiture of the prize. If forfeited for any reason, contestant will not receive any other prize substitution or compensation. Total ARV of all available prizes: $800.00
Conditions and restrictions may apply. The prize(s) that may be awarded to the eligible winner(s) are not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize, except in Company’s sole discretion. All prizes must be redeemed from the Station within 30 days of the contest end date unless otherwise stated in the contest’s official rules. Winners are solely responsible for any taxes on their respective prizes. No substitution of any prize is offered, except at the sole discretion of the Company. If a prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Company reserves the right to substitute such prize with another prize of equal or greater value, as determined by the Company in its sole discretion. Winner(s) must present state authorized identification prior to being awarded the prize. If a winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified for any reason, the Company reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award that winner’s prize, in its sole discretion. Certain prizes are date specific (e.g. concerts, trips) and the winner or winners must be available on the dates specified. If the winner is not available on the specified dates, winner will be disqualified and the Company reserves the right to choose an alternative grand prize winner. Certain prizes which are date specific such as event or concert tickets, Company is not responsible for the cancellation or rescheduling of any event and no substitution or compensation shall be awarded. Company reserves the right to not award the prize associated with that canceled event or concert, without any payment or obligation to the winner or potential winner. Location of seats and tickets are in Company’s sole discretion. If actual value of the prize is less than the stated ARV, or the winner or his/her guest(s) and/or eligible travel companion(s) forfeit, do not use, or are ineligible for any portion of the prize, the winner will not receive the difference between the actual and approximate retail value, and such difference will be forfeited. ALL PRIZES ARE AWARDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), AND ALL SUCH WARRANTIES ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded.
Prize Conditions and Restrictions: The prize is subject to certain terms and conditions and specified herein. Winner and guest must comply with all rules and regulations. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of prize in its entirety. The prize elements will be awarded as described herein (subject to legal restrictions, etc.). If the winner is disqualified or is found to be ineligible for the contest, the Company reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award the prize, at its sole discretion. By accepting the prize, winner must agree to the prize conditions on participation and must sign a release to be eligible to receive a prize and hereby agrees that: (i) all decisions of the Company, judges, and Contest Entities with respect to the Contest are final and binding; (ii) to release the Company, Station and sponsors and their respective parent companies and affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents and licensees from any and all claims in connection with the Contest and the award or use of the prizes; (iii) to allow the Company and sponsors to use their names, voices, photographs, likenesses, biographical material, in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this contest, without additional financial or other compensation; and (iv) where allowed by law, sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize. The Contest Entities are not responsible or liable to any entrant or winner or any person claiming through such entrant or winner for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action, regulation, order or request by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action, regulations, order or request proves to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, volcanic eruption, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal) labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond the Contest Entities’ sole control. All other costs and expenses related to prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided are the sole responsibility of prize winner. Station does not make, and is not responsible in any manner for, any warranties, representations, or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or law, relating to any prizes, regarding the use, value or enjoyment of the prize, including without limitation, its quality, mechanical condition, or fitness for a particular purpose. The Station will have no further obligation to winner.
- Eligibility and Limitations. Participants and winner(s) must be legal residents of the 50 U.S. or D.C., be at least 18-years old, as of the date of entry and prize award as determined by the Company. No one under the age of eighteen (18) will be permitted to enter a contest under any circumstances. Participants and winners must reside in the Station’s Designated Market Area (DMA) as defined by Nielsen. Commonly the DMA represents a radio station’s total listening market audience in a geographic area. If the contest is open to minors, a parent or guardian of any participant who is a minor must sign a release on behalf of the minor to be eligible to receive a prize, but the Company reserves the right to refuse to award a prize to or on behalf of any minor. Unless otherwise stated in the official contest rules, only one (1) entry per person. Only one (1) prize per household for the Contest for any ninety (90) day period. If the contest involves listener participation by voting for a contest participant on the station’s website then the voting is limited to one vote per person. If a contestant receives multiple and/or irregular votes from the same user or users, regardless of the source, the Station reserves the right to disqualify the contestant in its sole discretion. The potential prize winner and, if the potential prize winner is under the age of the majority in their state of residence (which is eighteen (18) in most states), the potential prize winner’s parent or guardian, may (in Company’s sole discretion) be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility, release of liability and prize acceptance agreement (“Prize Acceptance Release of Liability and Publicity Release”) within twenty four (24) hours after the first (1st) delivery attempt to entrants e-mail address or mobile phone number in order for the potential prize winner to be qualified for the prize, unless otherwise stated in the contest’s official rules. The potential prize winner’s failure to return all required forms within this time period may result in the potential winner being disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected from all remaining eligible entries. Employees of the Company, the Station, the Contest’s participating sponsors and their advertising agencies, employees of other radio or television stations, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate or win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws”, or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, cohabitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
- Publicity; Use of Personal Information. By participating, where allowed by law, all winner(s) grant the Company exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use. By participating in the Contest, where allowed by law, participants agree that the Company may use such information for marketing purposes, and may include the names of winners in a publicly available winners’ list. On occasion participant may have the opportunity to opt-in with carefully selected third parties such as the promotional partners, who may offer you products and services of interest with your expressed consent. In the event that participant has agreed to any available opt in opportunities provided from a third party, that may or may not be associated with this Contest, participant understands and acknowledges that information (including participant’s personally identifiable information) provided will be collected independently by Iliad Media Group (the Company) and the third party providing the opt in opportunity and individually be used by both companies subject to the terms of their respective privacy policies. Any available opt-in opportunities are not required to enter the Contest, and consent to opt-in will not improve your chances of winning.
- Release. By participating in the Contest, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against the Company, its employees and agents, the Contest’s sponsors and their respective employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the Contest, or from the award, receipt and/or use or misuse of any prize, including any travel related thereto. Participants authorize the Company to publish the photographs taken of participant, and name for use in Company printed publications, website, social media, and billboards. In order to receive a prize, participants must sign an official waiver form provided by the Company.
- Taxes. Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to the Company, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize(s) and paying any expenses associated with any prize(s) which are not specifically provided for in the official rules. Each winner must provide the Company with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Any person winning over $600 in prizes from the Company will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
- Conduct and Decisions. By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Company personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. The Company will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and the Company’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Company, the Company reserves the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as the Company deems appropriate. If, for any reason, more bona fide winners come forward seeking to claim the prize, the winner may be selected in a random drawing from among all persons making purportedly valid claims for the prize. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded. All decisions will be made by the Company and are final. Any reference in these Official Rules or as part of the Contest to the Company’s, Station’s and/or Sponsor’s “discretion” and/or any exercise of discretion by Sponsor, Station or the Company shall mean in Company’s, Station’s and/or Sponsor’s “sole and unfettered discretion.” Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately circumvent, disrupt, damage or undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Company reserves the right to seek civil and/or criminal prosecution and/or damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Company further reserves the right to: (i) terminate or declare any Contest null and void and rescind any prize, if in its sole judgment, the rules or the integrity of the Contest have been violated or compromised in any way, intentionally or unintentionally by any person whether or not a participant in the Contest; (ii) cancel, terminate or modify the contest if, in the sole discretion of the Company, it is impossible or impractical to complete the contest as planned for any reason, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort; (iii) alter or amend these Contest rules at any time; and (iv) stop or conclude the Contest at any time without prior notice. Material changes to the contest rules will be broadcast on-air, when practical.
- Miscellaneous. Void outside the Designated Market Area and where prohibited unless otherwise determined by the Company. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period from all participating stations. Each winner must submit proof of eligibility and sign the Company’s release form to claim the prize. The Company may substitute prizes, amend the rules or discontinue the Contest at any time as announced on the Station(s). The Company disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Contest. For a copy of the rules, or where required by law, a list of winners, visit the business office of the Station during normal business hours or visit the Station’s website. All entries become the property of the Company and will not be returned. As a condition of participating in the Contest, participants agree (and agree to confirm in writing): (a) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (b) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (c) any and all claims, judgments and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs. Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of these Official Rules. Winning a prize is contingent upon entrant’s fulfillment of all requirements set forth herein.
- Compliance with Law. The conduct of the Contest is governed by the applicable laws of the United States of America, which takes precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. Station(s) shall follow the applicable laws for conducting contests, including notice to the state attorney general or consumer affairs office, posting of a prize bond, furnishing lists of winner, running specific on-air disclaimers, providing specific written information about the Contest, etc. as required by applicable local and state law.
- Winners list: for a copy of Official Rules or a list of prize winner(s), send a self addressed, stamped envelope to: Win Gavin’s Guitar, c/o Iliad Media Group, 5660 Franklin Rd., Suite 200, Nampa, Idaho, 83687. Please specify which you are requesting. Requests must be received by 09/31/2020.
- Contest Sponsor/Administrator: This contest is operated by Iliad Media Group, 5660 Franklin Rd., Suite 200, Nampa, ID, 83687.